Much like the Secret Cow Level of Diablo 2, Blizzard has put in another secret level in the recently released, Diablo 3. The cutesy and colorful level is called “Whimsyshire” and unicorns, teddy bears, and rainbows, are just some of the things you can find there to slaughter. According to Youtube user DiabloChronicle, the way to Whimsyshire isn’t quite so straightforward. You can find the requirements and a video of the level after the jump.
How To Get To The Whimsyshire – Diablo 3 Cow Level
In order to get to Whimsyshire, you need to craft a Staff of Herding. According to D3DB, the plans for the staff drop randomly from Izual in Act 4. Creating the staff requires five rare items:
- Black Mushroom – spawns in the first floor of the Cathedral in Act 1
- Leoric’s Shinbone – located in the fireplace in Leoric’s manor in Act 1
- Liquid Rainbow – found in the Mysterious Chest in the Mysterious Cave within Act 2′s Dahlgur Oasis
- Wirt’s Bell – sold for 100,000 gold by Squirt the Peddler in Caldeum
- Gibbering Gemstone – drops randomly from mobs in Act 3 in the caves in the battlefield in front of the bridge.
After you’ve made your staff, head to the Old Tristram road. You should find a dead cow who can show you the way.
Get all that? Here’s the video to show that what happens in Whimsyshire, stays in Whimsyshire.
Source : DiabloChronicle